Senior Frontend Consultant
As a Senior Frontend Consultant, we will expect you to be playing a technical leadership role. You will spend most of your time leading the technical aspects of an agile delivery team (most likely at our clients' offices) on an exciting project helping that client to realise the business benefit of an investment into the cloud.
About the role and what you'll be doing
As a Senior Consultant at Amido we will expect you to be playing a technical leadership role.
You will spend most of your time leading the technical aspects of an agile delivery team (most likely at our clients’ offices) on an exciting project helping that client to realise the business benefit of an investment into the cloud. Our projects vary a huge amount from client to client, so you’ll never get bored.
We expect our technical leads to be hands-on. Using your knowledge of application architecture, you will be responsible for selecting and building the most suitable frontend solution for your client influencing the success of the project.
You will work closely with senior technical people from the client, Amido Business Analysts and QA engineers with the support of your colleagues outside of the project, as well as playing a leadership position coaching and mentoring members of the project team.
Amido has a rich and varied set of communities (on a wide variety of topics from security to mental health) as well as your core competency that you’ll be encouraged to contribute to, and learn from, where projects and client commitments allow.
You will be a self-starter, and proactive in your project work and your career, continuously looking for ways to add value to your community and Amido.
What you'll bring to Amido
• Knowledge of end to end application. Being able to deliver solutions which can scale to thousands of users and utilise the best approach to develop components whilst delivering a large-scale distributed system.
• Highly skilled at front-end engineering using both Typescript and ES6/7 various libraries and frameworks (React, Angular mainly), and CSS, Styled-Components, CSS-in-JS, Shadow-Dom, Web-Components.
• Having an understanding of NodeJS, Express middleware and the whole ecosystem associated with it.
• Having a clear understanding of REST and microservices architecture
• Being confident taking on challenges and being responsible for outcomes
• Retaining sound decision making and positive attitude under a heavy workload
• Understanding the way your project affects your client’s success and adds value to their business
• Successfully navigating through complex stakeholder relationships
• Creating a collaborative team environment where everyone’s opinion is heard, but knows when to be assertive, back down or escalate
• Comfortable owning meetings
• Experience in a consulting business or client facing role
What we offer you
We will give you a place to strive and grow. You will have the opportunity to work on some super interesting, yet challenging projects with a highly-skilled team already in place.
We will give you autonomy over your work, and the opportunity to have a voice to help shape the projects you’re working on.
Our guiding values – pragmatic, agnostic and people-first – are reflected in everything we do here and we’re looking for likeminded people to join us and add to this already fantastic culture.
We are a people-first business and we put people at the heart of everything we do here. Expect an annual training budget of £2k, some flexible working and lots of socials.
Be prepared to learn a lot, really quickly. You will be surrounded by a group of super smart problem solvers, so if you like to flex your knowledge, pick up new skills and technologies, this is the place for you.
Being agnostic means no place for extreme views. You will be working with a bunch of humble, open-minded and curious people.
We have a pragmatic approach to doing things. You will learn how to be hands-on, practical and deal with challenges in a sensible way.
If this all sounds great, we’d love to hear from you!
• 27 days annual leave
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 1:1 financial planning
• Corporate gym membership
• £2k training budget
• Company Pension
• Season ticket loan
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme