QA engineers work alongside the development team to ensure excellent coverage and a great test process is in place by taking responsibility for the whole SDLC through testing, planning, execution and analysis.
Who are we looking for
Technical brilliance is great, but at Amido we are looking for more than that. Your individual creativity, initiative and team fit are just as important. If you like to flex your knowledge and skills to understand and fix business problems, we could be the place for you. Working at Amido you’ll be involved in your projects from day one, given autonomy over your work and expected to have a voice to help shape the projects you’re working on.
As a member of one of our Agile teams, you will perform many tasks as part of your day to day responsibilities. These will range from analysis, development and testing tasks. You will jointly own and contribute to the team’s testing strategy alongside the Delivery Manager and Technical Team Lead for your team. You will know when to invest time in automation and when to focus on more exploratory tasks.
You will understand the business drivers for and the benefits to be derived from the software solution being developed. You will be a confident member of the team and able to talk directly with Clients. You will be comfortable and able to present to large internal groups at Company days. You will have a genuine interest in Testing and attend / contribute to meetups and gatherings to help your development.
Required skills / Experience
• A passion for Agile methodologies and concepts such as XP, Lean, Kanban & Scrum
• Passionate about exploratory testing and it’s benefits within an Agile delivery team
• Experience of Cucumber framework (BDD)
• Functional testing experience of web technology back-end systems
• Proven experience working within a complex integration test project that involved establishing end to end work flows
• Experience of software engineering and quality process
• Testing tools & frameworks – manual and automated testing
• Proven delivery experience of large-scale, Java and or MSFT projects
• Web services / REST
• Experience of high-volume high availability systems
• Maintenance of development and testing environments
• Makes contribution to the testing strategy of the team
• Define and execute both functional and non-functional tests
• Co-ordinate other members of the team to help with the shared testing tasks
• Participate in daily stand-up meetings, planning meetings, showcases, and retrospectives.
• Work with the business owner and developers to identify and ensure acceptance criteria are satisfied through testing
• 27 days annual leave
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 1:1 financial planning
• Corporate gym membership
• £2k training budget
• Company Pension
• Season ticket loan
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme