As a QA Consultant, you will be joining a cross-functional team of like minds and shared values, helping them implement quality assurance processes, owning initiatives for improvement and standardisation of quality processes. You will be supported by a community of practice and mentoring from day one.
About the role and what you'll be doing
At Amido we entrust and empower you to deliver value to our clients. At the forefront of a rapidly changing digital landscape you will be best placed to identify risks whilst accelerating the speed at which we can deliver. How you do that is in your hands.
But you won’t be alone, you will be joining a cross-functional team of like minds and shared values, helping them implement quality assurance processes, owning initiatives for improvement and standardisation of quality processes. You will be supported by a community of practice and mentoring from day one.
What you’ll be doing:
• Working with your team to create a test strategy covering the full project lifecycle.
• Advocating for the importance of good test design and timely feedback.
• Challenging developers to shift thinking from focusing on a finite solution space to an infinite problem space.
• Building strong relationships with your team and client to influence a quality culture.
A typical day-to-day for an Amido QA Consultant would be to attend daily ceremonies with the rest of your project team. Collaborate with your team to refine and prepare user stories for your sprint. Testing and interrogating the system under test using your range of testing skills at your disposal. Interacting with stakeholders and clients to bring value.
What you'll bring to Amido
• A passionate desire to learn technology and practices within test
• Experience delivering production software using an Agile methodology
• Ability to work with teams to improve their test approach
• Excellent exploratory testing skills
• Ability to collaborate effectively with other software development disciplines
• Deal well with ambiguity
• Experience with good development practices (repository management tools (git), versioning, clean code, package management)
• Experience with continuous delivery practices (branch management, pull requests, code reviews, running tests in CI/CD
• Understanding of performance, security, accessibility and reliability testing
• Great attention to detail
• Great communication skills in particular: presenting, collaborating and pairing with stakeholders
• Passion to share knowledge and foster a ‘test first’ mindset in your project team and within the organisation
• Challenge us all at Amido to continuously improve our testing practices
• Understanding that there are many ways we can test, and not one method fits all projects
• Delivering value in the complex space between meeting client needs and crafting technical solutions to solve the customers problems
What we offer you
We will give you a place to strive and grow. You will have the opportunity to work on some super interesting, yet challenging projects with a highly skilled team already in place.
We will give you autonomy over your work, and the opportunity to have a voice to help shape the projects you’re working on.
Our guiding values – pragmatic, agnostic and people-first – are reflected in everything we do here and we’re looking for likeminded people to join us and add to this already fantastic culture.
We are a people-first business and we put people at the heart of everything we do here. Expect an annual training budget of £2k, some flexible working and lots of socials.
Be prepared to learn a lot, really quickly. You will be surrounded by a group of super smart problem solvers, so if you like to flex your knowledge, pick up new skills and technologies, this is the place for you.
Being agnostic means no place for extreme views. You will be working with a bunch of humble, open-minded and curious people.
We have a pragmatic approach to doing things. You will learn how to be hands-on, practical and deal with challenges in a sensible way.
If this all sounds great, we’d love to hear from you!
• 27 days annual leave
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 1:1 financial planning
• Corporate gym membership
• £2k training budget
• Company Pension
• Season ticket loan
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme