Java Technical Lead
Java technical leads drive solutions by matching customer requirements to appropriate technology in collaboration with business analysts, project managers & client-side stakeholders.
Required Skills/ Experience
- You will have a considerable background in Java Development and will likely be performing a role somewhere between Lead and Senior that requires a pragmatic approach to day to day activity be it guiding others or coding personally.
- While extensive development experience is essential, an engineering mind-set is also key. This is namely the ability to take a broad, cross-project picture spanning front-end development, QA, deployment & databases rather than view back-end coding in isolation.
- All our projects are cloud-based so you’ll need to have built at least one system that puts cloud computing at its core via Service Orientated Architecture or Micro Services, not just deployed to AWS, Azure or a similar platform.
- You’ll need to understand architecture and design patterns for systems you’ve built and while you may not have used it, you’ll possess the knowledge to do so.
- You will have led at least one project or piece of work including assigning and overseeing the work of others, guiding the project’s technical direction and assuming responsibility for delivery.
- Commercial awareness and enthusiasm for Agile methods and an understanding of Scrum are imperative. We don’t expect you to be a guru though, and our BAs and PMs are here to offer support.
- This is a Consulting role. We are not looking for you to be a Consultant already, but we do expect you to have spent enough time in a business-facing capacity to know that Consulting is the career direction you wish to pursue.
With one of our project team’s already having built the biggest Azure-based application in the UK you can expect from day one to see solutions your teams design and deliver make big impacts for big brands.
Technical Lead is a challenging role but made far less so by the quality of our project teams. This role is constantly stimulating.
We have a technical improvement budget for every single staff member and we encourage self-learning in every project. Given you will have a high degree of influence over which stack we opt for you will essentially control your own learning and the technology that defines it.
Who we are looking for
This role represents an opportunity for an ambitious senior developer to attain a lead role that commands real influence over solutions and delivery in a relatively short space of time.
• 27 days annual leave
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 1:1 financial planning
• Corporate gym membership
• £2k training budget
• Company Pension
• Season ticket loan
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme