As an Engagement Director you will have complete ownership of a large number of client accounts within one of our stand-alone business units.
Who are we looking for
Amido needs an ambitious Engagement Director to join our team. This role is pivotal to our successful scale and comes with a lot of responsibility. Our delivery arm is structured into ‘pods’ which work as a stand-alone business unit with its own Profit and Loss account. Your day to day responsibilities will include owning each client account which sits in your pod, maintaining the senior relationships within clients, and overall responsibility for the delivery of the projects and programmes in your pod.
You will be supported on each account by a board sponsor who has overall accountability of the client account to the board and you will work closely with the internal PMO function on ensuring your resourcing requirements are managed. You will also work with our Commercial Director, and sales team to empower your team to win new business both from existing customers and new, whilst keeping a healthy profit margin in your pod.
This is not a project manager role, it’s complete ownership of a large number of accounts, reporting directly to the board of directors. You will have autonomy over your accounts and will be targeted on client retention and margin.
Demonstrable experience required
• Programme management
• Strong understanding of sales lifecycle and bringing in new business
• Experience managing multiple complex clients and stakeholders
• Management of complex clients and stakeholders
• Proven track record of managing project finances for projects over £500k
• Ownership of a profit and loss account of >£2m
• Managing complex and high value budgets (>£500k)
• Building relationships with many different types of people and remaining calm under pressure
• Proven ability to succeed within difficult political client environments
• Demonstrable capability to anticipate 3 or 4 steps ahead to predict how to react in various client situations.
• Examples of where you have lead winning new business from a new client using your network, introductions and/or
Skills and aptitudes required
• Strong technical understanding, and desire to progress this
• Proven ability to motivate and empower multiple delivery teams to succeed
• Proven ability to rapidly assimilate and demonstrate new concepts
• A recognised and credible figure in the professional community (outside of company)
• Quickly identifies signs that teams are struggling under pressure and acts accordingly
• Understands what will drive and ensure successful delivery across projects, given the commercial model
• Ability to raise the Amido performance and quality bar on every engagement, measured through project profitability and client satisfaction
• Actively engages with clients to identify opportunities for the business and reports findings appropriately
• Identifies and targets key stakeholders early
• Formulates effective short, medium, and long-term priorities, strategies, and plans in line with the broader organisation’s business, strategies and priorities
• Shifts cognitive gears quickly and effectively across widely varied levels of information, from macro-strategic issues to critical details
• Manages by exception
• Complete ownership of your own pod, including accounts, resourcing and delivery of the above.
• Ownership of the Margin/P&L on your pod
• Managing stakeholder/client relationships and accounts
• Line Management of key people within our talent pool
• Mentoring people within our organisation to better themselves
• Leading sales pitches; costing and scoping projects, from pitch to project kick-off
• Supporting recruitment across the business
• Leading and managing commercial agreement to ensure best value for the business and client
• Driving continuous improvement, quality & project delivery
• Setting delivery strategy for the client to solve large-scale problems
• Producing management reports in combination with PMO to track key KPIs
• Analysing and digesting complex problems cross multiple projects and identifying resolutions to these