DevOps Engineers work within the development team to ensure a scalable and highly available deployment pipeline is in place for all projects, and are responsible for the complete end-to-end design & implementation of a CI/CD pipeline.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Given the nature of our work, we sometimes have to work within existing clients technology choice so it’s likely you will have a strength in one area over another, this is OK, but tell us how you flex your knowledge and experience to bridge the gaps. We maintain a high level of automation for our solutions, so a deep knowledge of scripting and coding is essential. Programming language doesn’t matter as long as you can transfer your skills.
- We often build on the Microsoft stack so knowledge of Powershell and Deployments in Windows and Azure is essential. Depending on requirements, we use a combination of deployment technologies from TFS to Team City, Octopus Deploy, ProGet, Chef and Azure Resource Manager.
- On the other side of the fence some of our clients who favour other stacks use a range of platform services from Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud, so we like to use Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, ElasticBeanstalk and OpsWorks, amongst others. We manage the application lifecycle with Git, Jenkins, TeamCity, so experience with these technologies is essential.
As one of our DevOps experts, you will be responsible for collaborating with the team and the client to understand and communicate how the solution can be delivered and operationally supported. Some of our clients have a more formal process than others so being able to talk the talk when it comes to ITIL and service management is important, however you will also be pragmatic in your approach and able to flex on process where it’s needed.
You will also be responsible for:
- Building tools to reduce occurrences of errors and improve customer experience
- Develop software to integrate with internal back-end systems
- Perform root cause analysis for production errors
- Investigate and resolve technical issues
What we are looking for
Technical brilliance is great, but at Amido we are looking for more than that. Your individual creativity, initiative and team fit are just as important. If you like to flex your knowledge and skills to understand and fix business problems, we could be the place for you. Working at Amido you’ll be involved in your projects from day one, given autonomy over your work and expected to have a voice to help shape the projects you’re working on.
• 27 days annual leave
• Discretionary bonus based on individual and company performance
• Private medical insurance
• Life assurance
• 1:1 financial planning
• Corporate gym membership
• £2k training budget
• Company Pension
• Season ticket loan
• Flexible working
• Cycle to work scheme