London, U.K., 2nd October 2018 – Amido, a vendor-agnostic technical consultancy specialising in solving complex business problems with cloud native technology, enters for the second consecutive year in the respected Econsultancy Top 100 Digital Agencies report at number 39, and was placed 5th on the Technical Agencies list. The report has been published annually since 2002 and ranks agencies based on fee income from digital services and activities.
The placement comes just moments after Amido was named as one of the UK’s Best IT Workplace where it ranked 16th in the medium sized category for its commitment to nurturing, retaining and investing in its employees to create a ‘Culture of Innovation.’ The placement in this year’s Econsultancy’s report further solidifies Amido’s growth in the technical and consultancy fields following steady and sustainable growth over the past eight years.
Econsultancy’s Top 100 Digital Agencies report is split into five subcategories: Full Service and Marketing, Design and Build, Technical, Creative, Media. For the purposes of the Top 100, fee income from digital activities is defined as the money agencies retain after any bought-in third-party costs – such as media, production or hosting – have been paid. Although not a perfect metric, Econsultancy believes that this is a better indicator than overall turnover of what an agency’s digital expertise is worth.
Alan Walsh, CEO of Amido, adds: “This is the second consecutive year we have entered the report based on our technical and consultancy expertise. We work across all sectors from government and housing to retail and financial services. There is not a single industry that doesn’t suffer frustration around the speed of implementation of new services and digital functionality; but the challenge for these companies lies in finding a trusted advisor with the experience behind them to build solutions that maintain business as usual (BAU) – whilst knowing what to do and how to make a solution work with existing platforms and software.”
Walsh concludes: “Amido prides itself in designing and implementing cloud-first solutions that are engineered with integrity. Having gained vital and practical expertise in delivering successful cloud-native transformation programmes, this ranking further demonstrates that we are best placed to help organisations’ juggle maintaining substantial legacy infrastructure with developing new products and services that deliver tangible ROI, quickly.”
For Econsultancy’s full ranking tables, including a 13-page in-depth editorial on the state of the agency industry, download it here.
Notes to editors:
The report includes:
- 13 pages of in-depth editorial content on the state of the agency industry
- Ranking tables of the top agencies by fee income, agency type and region
- The top six most respected agencies and the seven most influential people, nominated by the entrants to the Top 100
- Profiles of the Top 100 digital agencies, and top eight Media agencies, including key information including business split between digital marketing channels, contact information and a list of key clients in some cases
- The profiles of seven agencies selected by Econsultancy as the ‘ones to watch’ for the coming years, based on work, growth and revenue
– Read the Amido blog: https://www.amido.com/thinking/
– Follow Amido on Twitter: @WeAreAmido
– Follow Amido on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/amido