What the Role Involves
- Ensuring the project goals are aligned to and support the client’s strategic objectives of a programme
- Providing on and off-site leadership for the project team while building and motivating the team members to ensure responsibilities are known and project goals are met
- Owning the full project lifecycle and participate in/own activities supporting the definition of scope, constructing cost breakdowns, defining reporting metrics, managing risk, communicating efficiently and of course delivery!
- Being responsible for and reporting on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Supporting the definition of deliverables ensuring that your team will be able to define their activity accurately.
- Working in collaboration with client-side Project Managers and agree on a best practice framework for delivery based around known and respected Agile delivery frameworks
- Quickly establishing effective change control processes accommodating cross-project dependencies where applicable
- Help to remove impediments for your Scrum teams along the way. A key goal is to ensure the teams are empowered to take ownership of their own tasks and that they become self-managing
- Establish relationships with key stakeholders and wider teams that are effective, honest and transparent
- You will currently hold a Project Manager position and have current or previous experience managing projects in external client-facing roles for a Consultancy, Software House or bespoke IT software provider
- It is key you can demonstrate your experience of managing complex IT development projects with multiple works streams up to £2million – on projects involving high transaction levels, identity management or marketing-driven solutions within the media, e-Commerce, or digital industries
- You will need to be hands-on in your approach and not just a ‘theory junky’. Instead, you will truly ‘get’ Agile and be comfortable designing delivery processes with your team.
- Experience or strong awareness of building enterprise-scale programmes is highly advantageous
- You will have significant experience managing the end-to-end project life-cycle including creating Statements of Work, project plans, etc. through sign off and closure
- You will be adept at managing risks, issues and budgets including Fixed Price, Time and Material and Project Profit, and be comfortable not only reporting to senior managers, but have a strong commercial awareness to ensure successful delivery where you have helped to identify additional opportunities for adding value to existing projects or potential new projects for the client
- You will have the ability to liaise with senior stakeholder in a positive, supportive way whilst maintaining a strong orientation to delivering results and holding the confidence standing behind your own ideas
Who we are
At Amido we specialise in implementing cloud-first solutions. We do this by building resilience at scale, flexibility for the future and differentiation of customer experience for our clients. And, we do this while minimising business-risk and build-cost.
We don’t reinvent the wheel – with a plethora of proven cloud services, we firmly believe that we can find the best solution from the rich PaaS and SaaS marketplace. The real magic is in understanding what our clients need, knowing what is out there and gluing these technologies together in the most effective way, building only what is needed.
We always encourage our customers to rent first, buy second and build and maintain as little as possible. Our list of successful projects is long. We have evolved as the market has evolved and we continue to adapt and learn, apply the best delivery techniques and work in close collaboration with our clients.
A little bit more info…
Over the past few years Amido has grown rapidly bringing on board brilliant technical analysts, user experience consultants and project managers who are focused on building pragmatic digital solutions that utilise the latest cloud applications, services and service integration platforms.
Our list of successful projects is long and continuing to grow – some recent clients include ASOS, Global Radio, Addison Lee, Atkins Global, Endemol, Save The Children, JLT and Channel 4.
In addition to team lunches, slack memes and free fruit, we have quarterly company events where everyone downs tools to come together for a drink, a chat and the opportunity to share something that excites them, whether that’s new technology that they’ve discovered or even a chatbot that they designed.
Amido is a group of talented, pioneering and pragmatic technical consultants. Our product is the expertise of our people and our working practices. Our clients and teams are spread out across London and other cities in UK. As a consultancy, some of our project teams spend five days a week with their clients whereas some split their time between client site and in our office in Worship Street, City of London. We live and breathe variety, flexibility and willingness to travel as part of our culture. Our people are our strongest asset and we are here to support them throughout the lifespan of their projects through our schemes and our social & professional inclusiveness programmes. If you are the kind of person who thrives in this environment, please send your CV to – firstname.lastname@example.org